Bike Taupo is a cycling advocacy group, which was formalised in October 2002 to create a community representation for Taupo cyclists.
MissionIn the Taupo District the group aims:
- To promote cycling as a healthy, environmentally friendly and convenient form of transport
- To work for improved conditions and image of cyclists and cycling To encourage the use of cycles for transport and recreation
- To educate cyclists and other road users to order to improve safety and awareness of cyclists
- To present the case for cycling in public debate and to relevant authorities
- To advocate the implementation of the Taupo District Council Cycle Strategy document
The group has a dedicated committee and has been formed to provide the Taupo community with a voice for cycling. We will work along side council in promoting education and awareness and changes to infrastructure to encourage Taupo as being the most cycle friendly town in New Zealand